[TYPO3-Performance] General questions

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Aug 3 07:09:54 CEST 2008

Hi!

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] wrote:
> Seperating DB and Apache made one thing quite easy to see...
> Within a week the DB server and Apaches have exchanged 220GB of data -
> which is three times the effective traffic of webpages being delivered.

There was a patch from me in the core list to enable compressing for such cases. It will save you huge amount of traffic and give a good boost of performance. This is the first thing to do.

Next go to install tool and enable file-based cache for pages. This way you will save 1x of web page size and lower traffic even less.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team