[TYPO3-english] http/https scheme in preview

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Wed Mar 14 10:03:11 CET 2012

Hi Christian Nölle,

Christian Nölle wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> yesterday http://forge.typo3.org/issues/30892 was fixed in the 4.5.13
> release. But I am afraid, that we have a regression with this bugfix.
>
> Scenario: We have a https BE, which uses a non public domain, which
> serves a multidomain setup. After introduction of this bugfix page
> previews are rendered using the correct domain name for this particular
> page. BUT: the call is using the https scheme and not http. There is no
> valid certificate for the public domains, only for the non public be
> domain, so this results in an error for the user with untrusted
> certificate.
>
> Can anybody confirm this?

Yes, that is how it is defined in the code. If the domain records is SSL or
it is not, but we are on SSL, then use SSL for preview.
On the one hand I can understand that we force HTTPS if it is already
enabled, on the other hand that leads to a lot of trouble.

So please file a bug report that this needs to be changed.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln – linkvalidator