[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Boris Hinzer b.hinzer at web-vision.de
Tue Mar 6 15:29:33 CET 2012

Just my additional thoughts on this matter - of course IMHO :

If the communication from the inner circle (core dev > marketing team >
ga members), to outer circles (other T3 teams > T3A members) and
finally to the broad audience (rest of the T3 community > public) would
have been better, the situations would be that hot like it is now.

Also I would like to suggest to have for such matters some sort of
general spokesman (like steffen seibert for  angela merkel), who is in
charge for getting such communication done.
Additionally I would suggest for such "hard" decisions as now, the
spokesman should publish the news together with additional team leaders
which were involved in the decision made.
So everybody could get a different view why the decision was made.

Finally I would also suggest to wisely choose the wording of such
decisions. Even if it's hard for somebody who is in charge to
apologize, please think about it if you would have read a press release
similar the following:

"After a long period of …. all team members of … have come to the final
conclusion that … would be better, because of… 1… 2… 3… We are aware of
your concerns like … and would let you know … also we would like to
apologize if you feel that … wrong decisions in the past. We believe
that this step is absolutely necessary, because of …. So now join our
forces and bring back … to the system … "

IMHO even unpopular decsions, once made, could be communicated very well.

What's your opinion?

Regards,

Boris