[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Roberto Presedo rpresedo.typo3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:15:28 CET 2012

2012/3/6 Georg Ringer <typo3 at ringerge.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Am 06.03.2012 09:35, schrieb Roberto Presedo:
>> IMO, migrations tools for core data must be supplied by either TYPO3
>> or [some new name] core teams. We can even think about creating a task
>> force dedicated to this challenge. But TYPO3 users have to be able to
>> make the move easily.
>
> IMO this is not a real problem, every agency migrates data from [strange
> cms] or [old TYPO3] to TYPO3 kind of every day, from XML to TYPO3,
> whatever, so don't fear that!

Right.. the problem is not technical, but more when it comes to sell
[some new name] to clients.. If it comes with tools that easies
migration, this will reduce costs, and client will consider this move
as an upgrade of his CMS… If no migration tools are provided, then
moving from TYPO3 to [some new name] will be as painful as moving from
TYPO3 to any other CMS… So this is where we will potentially loose
some clients.