[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 5 20:33:36 CET 2012

Hi,

On 5-3-2012 19:03, Andi wrote:
> no good idea steffen as you did not understand why kay or ubuntu
> simply uses Year Numbers as Release Numbers. Simply use Year and
> month and bugfix is third place

More confusion I'd say:
12.04.0
12.10.0
13.04.0

Where's 12.05 - 12.09?
Where's 13.0?
Is 12.10 a minor upgrade and 13.04 a major upgrade from 12.10?

(Yes, I understand the scheme, but many non-technical will have trouble
understanding).

The nice thing about having major version numbers back is that it can
help get a message across:
major versions: big changes
minor versions: smaller changes
bugfix versions: only bugfixes, no changes

This scheme is used so often that it is obvious to most people.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.