[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible
Jigal van Hemert
jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 5 13:44:11 CET 2012
On 5-3-2012 12:46, Markus Lindbergh wrote:
> I am in TYPO3 world for 4 years now partially as developer, partially
> as entrepreneur ... and I would really like to hear what is the strategy of
> core team and all this version v4 / v5 / v6 thing.
It is quite simple and not very dramatic IMO:
- [some new name] (sometimes called "Phoenix" as working name) which was
for a long time meant to be "v5" will have a name of its own (for now:
[some new name]).
- [some new name] will be the successor of TYPO3 but because a lot of
concepts and features are different it will not be a matter of a simple
Upgrade Wizard; it's more something to build a relaunch of a web site
with (once [some new name] is a usable CMS)
- v4 will be called TYPO3 and can use major version numbers again
- TYPO3 v5.x will be skipped because there are a lot of references to it
in various publications of the past years. If we would use it for TYPO3
and not for [some new name] there would be too much confusion.
- [some new name] gets it's own name and will in the future take over as CMS
- after TYPO3 4.7 (or 4.8) there can be a TYPO3 version 6.0 if we have
reason to call it a major version
- TYPO3 will still be developed after the release of [some new name],
but will slowly be phased out in favour of [some new name], depending on
the demand of the users
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,
Jigal van Hemert.
More information about the TYPO3-english