[TYPO3-english] Charset troubles with DAM

Braulio J. Solano-Rojas braulio at solsoft.biz
Sat Mar 3 18:30:22 CET 2012

Hi Jigal.

El 03/03/2012 02:22 a.m., Jigal van Hemert escribió:
> Hi,
> On 3-3-2012 0:20, Braulio J. Solano-Rojas wrote:
>> El 02/03/2012 10:30 a.m., Braulio J. Solano-Rojas escribió:
>>> Never mind, I added this: [SYS][systemLocale] = fr_FR.utf8
>> By the way, in FreeBSD it is fr_FR.UTF-8.
> If you have a file system which supports UTF-8 characters and you want
> to use UTF-8 characters in directory or file names you should set
> [SYS][UTF8filesystem] = 1
> If this is set to 0 the fileadmin module will convert file names with
> UTF-8 characters to plain text

As I said in my first post I already had [SYS][UTF8filesystem] = 1.

> For some operations on file names with UTF-8 characters it's necessary
> to use a UTF-8 enabled locale. This is where the setting
> [SYS][systemLocale]
> is used.
> You can set this to a UTF-8 locale which is installed in your server.
> Depending on the OS the names of these locales can vary a lot.

Actually my problem was that I was using the FreeBSD locale on GNU/Linux 
and it was not workign because they are not standard.  I found out the 
right locale by running locale -a on a shell.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards,


More information about the TYPO3-english mailing list