[TYPO3-english] Charset troubles with DAM

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 3 09:22:59 CET 2012

Hi,

On 3-3-2012 0:20, Braulio J. Solano-Rojas wrote:
> El 02/03/2012 10:30 a.m., Braulio J. Solano-Rojas escribió:
>> Never mind, I added this: [SYS][systemLocale] = fr_FR.utf8
> By the way, in FreeBSD it is fr_FR.UTF-8.

If you have a file system which supports UTF-8 characters and you want
to use UTF-8 characters in directory or file names you should set
[SYS][UTF8filesystem] = 1
If this is set to 0 the fileadmin module will convert file names with
UTF-8 characters to plain text

For some operations on file names with UTF-8 characters it's necessary
to use a UTF-8 enabled locale. This is where the setting
[SYS][systemLocale]
is used.
You can set this to a UTF-8 locale which is installed in your server.
Depending on the OS the names of these locales can vary a lot.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.