[TYPO3-english] Language Pack Updates constantly failing

Oliver Salzburg kinggencha at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:34:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

when I'm checking for updated language packs in the extension manager,
usually there are at least a couple of updates available.
Now when I click "Update from repository", the updates will usually be
marked as "Failed".
Now when I check the status again, that same, failed, language packs
are now marked "up to date". What's going on? Did the update now fail
or not?

What does "Failed" mean anyway? Where do I get a more detailed log of
what actually happened during the update process?

Kind regards

Oliver