[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Wed May 25 17:29:45 CEST 2011

Hi Christian,

On 25.05.2011 16:53, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey.
>
> On 05/25/2011 01:58 PM, Andreas Kiessling wrote:
>> In the end, it calls "typoLink_URL". Did you try to implement some kind
>> of cache there? A runtime / variable cache might speed up the whole
>> frontend rendering.
>
> This idea already came up elsewhere. I think there is also an issue for
> this, it started with slow multi domain parsings in typolink().

That's what i had in mind.

> The problem is that typolink() is an extremely long and complex method
> that does lots of magic and is very hard to refactor. This issue is
> mostly a core issue and not extbase, though.

But the "problem" here is generating the same link 5x without changing
any input parameters.
If the parameters for the link don't change (and i hope noone changes
any config.linkVars or similar settings between that generation),
couldn't that be cached? Should not be tooooo hard to implement and
could improve rendering for listings of records where e.g. headline,
image, and "more" is linked to the same detail view.

Regards,
Andreas