[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed May 25 16:53:23 CEST 2011

Hey.

On 05/25/2011 01:58 PM, Andreas Kiessling wrote:
> In the end, it calls "typoLink_URL". Did you try to implement some kind
> of cache there? A runtime / variable cache might speed up the whole
> frontend rendering.

This idea already came up elsewhere. I think there is also an issue for
this, it started with slow multi domain parsings in typolink().

The problem is that typolink() is an extremely long and complex method
that does lots of magic and is very hard to refactor. This issue is
mostly a core issue and not extbase, though.

Regards
Christian