[TYPO3-dev] Globally installed extensions

Popy popy.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:42:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

We use that feature on development servers, to store kickstarter and
phpmyadmin, so they are available but not in project extlist.

There's some reason not no use it on production servers :

   - You can't have multiple versions of a single extension (so, only one
   version of realurl can be installed in that dir)
   - On each update you have to copy typo3/ext dir
   - It adds work to the hoster on a mutualised server

Regards,
Popy