[TYPO3-dev] Globally installed extensions

Zachary Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Tue May 24 06:30:50 CEST 2011

We tend to include the TYPO3 source as a submodule with the
git.typo3.org repository as the origin. For this reason, we're pretty
religious about never modifying any files under typo3_src, which would
include globally installed extensions.

Unless you're linking multiple installations to a single source
directory, I don't see the point of globally installed extensions.

Zach