[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Sat May 21 19:18:27 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 21.05.2011 00:40, schrieb Franz Koch:
> Hey Mathias,
[...]
> without bumping the world climate by 0.001°C. So in this case I'd
> probably create a repository for the comments and simply query for the
> latest comments -> 1 query -> done.

<assumption>
100 blogs
100 posts on each blog
100 comments on each post
</assumption>

Nope, you'd have to "GROUP BY post.blog" as he wanted:

<quote>You want to display the latest comment per blog.</quote>

And I'd like to enhance that by:

<quote>You want to display the latest comment per blog ordered by the
date of the comment and limited to ten.</quote>

This IMO is a nice practical case that I think reveals a limitation in
extbase persistance/querymodel. IMO it is just not reasonable doable(?).
To me it is not that bad as I don't have requirements like this very
often and they can be solved somehow (triggers, ...), but I agree there
should be an "out-of-the-box" solution within an adavenced framework.

[...]

Greets,
Peter

P.S.: EXT:blog_example is available, throw in some data(see above) and
do some measurements on cpu/mem/re per s on trying to get it done.
Anyone? Maybe I am to pesimistic now and it really works out nice somehow?
--
Peter Niederlag