[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Thu May 19 23:00:28 CEST 2011

Am 19.05.11 19:40, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!

> Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} wrote:
>> I think it is really time for you to step back dude, ... Mattes has been
>> around Typo3 way longer than you aor most of the other guys around,
>> and contributed much more work then the most of us ... so keep it low ..
>
> I do not think this is a right core of the discussion to shut down
> somebody.

You ar totaly right Dimitry, and normaly I wouldn´t react that way, you
know me, but I really hate these statements from diffrent guys that are
only around the last years like:

"So basically you wanna sit back, relax and wait for the perfect,
performant and well documented framework to happen ... to you ... for
free? "

or

"I totally understand that. If we don't meet your expecations just keep
on bashing, that's the totally right thing to do !"

This is crap and used each and every time from diffrent guys as killer
"argument" that everything they do is right and the right way, and most
likely don´t except criticism, and suggestions.

Especialy in the direction of guys like you PeKü or Mattes and some of
the other "old devs" that had been around far longer and made this
project as huge and as popular as it is, and still do alot for the
comunity.

And on the other hand I really can´t stand this opinion anymore that
only contributing code to the community is community work, we all know
that there is much more that had been done, and is done to build up and
maintain the great community we have. We all do our part, one way or the
other, and not all of us need the spotlight, although I think that guys
like you Karsten, Robert, and the many other that do alot really deserve it.

So bottom line this was more meant like a harsh

"Watch your tone dude, no one bashed, no one meant to offend,  no one
said anything here to deserve this tone, especialy none of the guys that
did way more for T3 and the community than you and most of the others
around. This is the dev list. Act like a pro."

Cheers

Chris