[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Felix Oertel f at oer.tel
Thu May 19 10:58:45 CEST 2011

Hey,

Am 19.05.11 10:52, schrieb Sebastian Kurfürst:
> So if you pay me
> I'd gladly spend the next month optimizing Extbase (ah; no, I am writing
> my diploma thesis in the next half year ;-) )

I don't think this will be a problem. There are plenty of good
programmers out there (just copy mail addresses from this thread, they
all seem to know how to do things right). I'm sure if someone is willing
to pay them what good programmers cost, they will be happy to work for
the extbase project.

On the other hand I would say it would be the easiest way if ppl who
keep telling how all this has to be done join us in #extbase on
irc.freenode.net and just start helping out. We have plenty of stuff to
do ... there is no need to step back! If you wanna show some progress
instead of just "bla bla bla"
</dumb-talking-with-bashing-devs-spending-their-sparetime> just do some
profiling and start to provide good solutions packed in gerrit
changesets! (Don't forget unit-tests and good documentation in at least
three languages though !)

regards, foertel

PS: This mail may contain spoores of sarcasm and irony ...