[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed May 18 16:00:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I don't agree, a lot of people (including me) are successfully using
> Extbase in productive projects. Some even with huge data sets, as we
> know from the use cases we collected for T3CON10.

My experience with not so large dataset but "quite deeply nested" shows
that you should not fear switching to direct DB access from time to time.

> I consider most of the parts stable and fast enough to use it
> productively *if the requirements fit the approach*. But there are
> certainly parts that are not (e.g. FE editing is problematic with lots
> of (complex) records).

I'd like to add that the version shipped with 4.5 is really usable in
production and if the bug I described recently with "wild" cache
clearing is properly fixed, then Extbase is even sufficiently quick to
make customers happy ;-)

> That's why I like the idea of documenting, what kind of projects Extbase
> is good at and where the weak spots are.
>
> BTW: I fully agree with Sebastians posting and I'm happy to read some
> constructive feedback!

Yes, that's good to read feedback.

--
Xavier Perseguers