[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 core, unit testing?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat May 14 13:09:15 CEST 2011

> Sounds good, I am thinking about writing new tests for TYPO3. Because I
> want to gain more experience with unit tests, but we aren't using them
> in our company. Who should I contact and where can I beginn? Or is no
> help needed?

Oh, of couse. As pointed out, there's still a lot space for improvements!

Have you already had a look at Gerrit? See the Contribution Tutorial in
the Wiki [1]. That's the first step to contribute code.

The tests are located in the tests/ directory of the Git repository.
Just add new ones. Tutorials for the first steps of writing Unit Tests
should be easy to find in the web (nevertheless, if you have a look at
existing tests, it should be no problem to write a simple without any
induction).

If you have questions, just ask! You contribution is very welcome, and
also thanks for representing TYPO3 at LinuxTag!

Kind regards
Steffen
--
[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Git