[TYPO3-dev] "POST requests are incompatible with keyword preview." - Why?

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Fri May 13 14:47:12 CEST 2011

Hi all,

we have a frontend form that needs to exchange quite a lot data with
another page (different page type, json output), so GET is no option
(eID is also not really an option, we need typolinks in the response).

With POST however, the form does not work, when the page is requested
with from a "Workspace Preview Link" (so e.g. ->
https://www.example.com/index.php?&ADMCMD_prev=77d432dd427fb479f186e9caa46c23e1&id=1),
because the request just dies with the message from the subject.

That line is in tslib_fe since 2006 and i wonder why. The commit message
was just "Merging all changes from TYPO3_4.0 branch"

I already had a look at the initialization of the preview, but if the
param is not submitted in the in the url, it falls back to the inputCode
from a cookie.

Any ideas why POST data is not allowed there? The requests all work
fine, when using the form from the regular workspace preview.

Regards,
Andreas