[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and svn

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:37:45 CEST 2011

Hey,

Here we use SVN to version everything starting from the parent folder of
'htdocs' (or 'public'). For extensions we use svn:externals to "import"
extensions and manage their updates very easily.

So the layout is something like:

mysite/
   trunk/
      scripts/ <= a few useful maintenance scripts which should never be
reached over http
      htdocs/
         fileadmin/
         typo3/ <= symlink to a centralized checkout of typo3
         typo3conf/
            ext/ <= here goes all svn:externals definition to import 3d
party extensions
               customextension/ <= an custom extension only for this website

The benefit of this structure is that a single checkout get you the whole
website, including its extension with their exact version. We could also use
svn:externals for typo3 core, but in our case we have severals websites
running on typo3, so we one centralised instance which is easier to
maintain.