[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Apr 30 00:36:51 CEST 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   JoH asenau
Datum:       29.04.2010 22:24:
> And if they really can't survive without V5,
> then  they should invest more time and/or money to speed up the development
> instead of complaining.

1st: Nobody is complaining that they would starve without V5 except the
ones getting money for the development (just a guess).

2nd: Every person attending any TYPO3 event at conference, border tour
or any other event is paying real money to the assoc.

3rd: As major companies are using TYPO3 it becomes a more political
decision. Paid frameworks try to gain back lost spaces due to the fact
that there is no product or roadmap available.

4th: May be some of us are willing to wait until F² is out. But if this
would take another years IMHO no major player would give TYPO3 a second
chance. As the claim "enterprise level" implice "you can make revenue"
and this is some type of money (may be here are some devs just doing it
for kudos) I would either skip the marketing approach or put the feet to
the ground and come up with enterprise level requirements: What can be
delivered by when? Period. Very simple.

If this can't be answered, skip enterprise level and step back to the
time when we started to use version 3.5. 100% enthusiastic people
started to build TYPO3's reputation. Just took 7 years.

IMHO we have a window to market. This will close as soon as an other
product is available with features similar to F². At that time there
will be REAL pressure on the developers to deliver something that's not
"me too". Nobody would care about the fact that "we were the first in
the orbit". But we never made it to the moon :-(

Good night, sleep tight.....

Peter.

--
Fiat lux! Docendo discimus.