[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Apr 29 22:24:11 CEST 2010

> I disagree. FLOW3 would never have money for paid development unless
> if there were no TYPO3 v4. Those money come because of v4 and because
> companies and people can use v4 for their projects. TYPO3 has a very
> strong position now because of v4 and FLOW3 is nowhere near. So FLOW3
> lives now due to TYPO3 v4. Therefore anybody who contributed to v4 in
> terms of money or time has full rights to talk about it.

Well - "declare the project as failed if they don't deliver a final version
until the end of the year" seems to be a bit more than just "talking about
it" ;-)

But your argument raises the question: If TYPO3 has such a strong position
because of V4 and because people and companies can use it for their
projects - and you believe that - why can't you just wait until V5 is ready
for the market, even if it takes another 3.5 years?

I really don't get why some people seem to be so afraid of their personal
future just because V5 is not ready yet.
If anyone's personal success or the business of whole companies really
depends on the availability of V5 alone, they must have made some terrible
strategical mistakes before. And if they really can't survive without V5,
then  they should invest more time and/or money to speed up the development
instead of complaining.

Have a nice evening

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian