[TYPO3-dev] DB query iterator; worth a try?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 22 18:31:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> I did not make any research but basically I like the idea. However, I'd
> like to make sure it'd work with DBAL and other DBMS too (Oracle, MSSQL
> and PostgreSQL). But I guess this should be OK but would be cool to be
> investigated a little bit before trying to do it for real.

Well, since you're the expert on DBAL:
Can you tell if the other DBMS-es support somehow a method to tell if
there is a new record available? If that is the case, an iterator can be
  used.

BTW, it's not about the coolness factor, I just like the simplicity of a
foreach for example on an iterator object.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl