[TYPO3-dev] DB query iterator; worth a try?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Apr 22 00:28:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Initial test seem to indicate that an iterator is slightly slower than
> the usual t3lib_db::sql_fetch_assoc(), but this could also be caused by
> the current implementation (mysql_data_seek() calls, transfer of
> resource to iterator object)
> I haven't compared it with exec_SELECTgetRows().
>
> Worth further investigating? Any problems to be expected?

I did not make any research but basically I like the idea. However, I'd like to make sure it'd work with DBAL and other DBMS too (Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL). But I guess this should be OK but would
be cool to be investigated a little bit before trying to do it for real.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en