[TYPO3-dev] TCEmain hook for postprocessing data fails updating select fields

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 16:55:05 CEST 2010

Hello folks!

When trying to update/postprocess a select field with a TCEmain hook, I
get the error:
"102: These fields are not properly updated in database: (category_id)
Probably value mismatch with fieldtype."

This happens e.g. for the extension 'cal' when trying to set some
categories for an event by hand:
	$fields['category_id'] = array(1,2);

I even tried:
	$fields['category_id'] = '1,2';

When doing the same for a tt_news record, setting some categories the
same way, everything works fine. (I guess TCEmain cares about the MM
table and handles the creation of the desired MM records etc.)

So I'm struggling for finding the reason for this behaviour. Is anybody
out there, who may can help me regarding this problem?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas