[TYPO3-dev] Version of javascript in backend of TYPO3 4.3.2

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Apr 7 18:17:27 CEST 2010

GUIOUBLY William schrieb:
> Hi, first, sorry for my bad English.
>
> I wanted to know if there was a reason for javascripts in backend of
> TYPO3 4.3.2 weren't update. For example, there were :
> - Prototype 1.6.0.3
> - Ext JS Library 3.0.0
> - Scriptaculous 1.8.2
>
> While, today there were:
> - Prototype 1.6.1
> - Ext JS Library 3.2.0
> - Scriptaculous 1.8.3
>
> Thank you to enlighten me on this.

Because 4.3 is a stable branch. For TYPO3 itself this means no new features. This cannot be checked
strictly for 3rd party tools of course, but as those will have to be tested extensively before
inclusion to the Core there's only a chance to get in patch level releases of 3rd party libs as well.

So only this has any chance of inclusion to 4.3.3:

- Scriptaculous 1.8.3

I didn't check if these exist:

- Prototype 1.6.0.4
- Ext JS Library 3.0.1

But I'm not sure if we want to risk breaking TYPO3 without knowing what the benefits of the new
versions are.

Masi