[TYPO3-dev] scheduler script in TYPO3 4.3

Mon Nov 30 23:04:49 CET 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 22:57:58 Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I've setup the cronjob in my hosters config utility (rp hosting) and
> > there is an option for calling a real script and just do a http request.
> > Thats what the sh script returns when its called from cronjob... It might
> > be something with the environment... the 404 error is clearly from
> > TYPO3...
>
> Yes, this is what I suspected and that Steffen also mentioned. Your
> hoster does not really provide cron job support. Only some kind of fake
> mechanism using HTTP requests. This cannot work with the Scheduler
> currently.
>
> Hopefully we can support such HTTP requests in the future, but that will
> not be for 4.3.
>
> Cheers

Yes I think I agree on this. However I'm having another script on the server
that is a plain shell script and that one works perfectly. But thats maybe
because there the fake stuff works, I have no idea how they are doing this...
nor can i see reason why the script in typo3 does not work in that case.

Cheers and thanks