[TYPO3-dev] scheduler script in TYPO3 4.3

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Nov 30 22:28:10 CET 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> I'm trying to run the cli_dispatch from an own script and when run by
>> the cronjob on that server I get this:

> Could you explain what you're doing in more details? The CLI scripts are
> not meant to be run with HTTP calls. If you run from the command line,
> you shouldn't be getting 404 errors.
>
> Cheers

Hi Francois,
there are some hosting providers which only allow a cronjob to a script
called via http at your webpage. all-inkl. for example is one of them.

So you have to write a wrapper php calling the cli script. ugly, and
does not work really since the cronjob has the same ressource
restrictions than a normal page call...

It's some kind of cheating making advertisement with with cronjobs and
allowing just a "recent call to your website". But this is another topic.

regards

Steffen