[TYPO3-dev] Ideas solving the bloated TER problem?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Nov 25 18:16:55 CET 2009

Stig Nørgaard Færch schrieb:

> No good extension overview
> TER doesn't provide a good oveview of what already exists.
> If I don't find what I need, I create it. But maybe it already existed
> in the TER - but I couldn't find it.
> We really need categorization of extensions back.

Such software troves already exist in general for open source software, for
example freshmeat.net is already there for more than 10 years now (I
remember checking it almost every day while being in school):

http://freshmeat.net

Or like the PEAR PHP extension repository:

http://pear.php.net/packages.php

I guess something like the above portals could be a good thing compared to
the rather plain extension listing on typo3.org (you can not even filter
for specific categories)

greets,
Bernhard