[TYPO3-dev] search for 2 static_info_tables_... maintainers

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Nov 24 13:13:28 CET 2009

Hi Ries,

Ries van Twisk schrieb:
> Steffen,
>
> call me a dummy with this questions,
> but why does TV (A templating system) needs to know about countries and
> territories?
> I always wondered this, and just accepted that TV 'needs' it, and every
> time
> I wanted to check why a templating system needs to have that information
> at hand?
>
> I assume it uses static_languages and if so, how?
>
> Can you shine a light on this?

i asked myself the same, and here is the answer:
TV uses the ISOcode which isn't part of the core table "sys_languages".
Its mainly used in xml for translations with lDEF/vDEF where DEF is the
ISOcode.

I also would like to have ISOcode and langKey integrated in core that
this dependency isn't needed any longer, core can benefit from this
fields a lot.

static_info_tables should be an addition to deliver the additional
informations like names, currency etc.

vg Steffen