[TYPO3-dev] search for 2 static_info_tables_... maintainers

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Nov 24 13:07:18 CET 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 6:48 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Franz Holzinger schrieb:
>> Franz Holzinger a écrit :
>>> I am looking for new maintainers for the following extensions:
>>>
>>> static_info_tables_da
>>> static_info_tables_it
>>>
>>> Please take them!
>> Who wants to take over static_info_tables?
>

> i would take over leader ship but develop in team on forge. This
> extension is used very much (every TV user) and must be maintained
> all the time.
>
> I suggest to have the localized extensions as sub in this project.
>
> vg Steffen

Steffen,

call me a dummy with this questions,
but why does TV (A templating system) needs to know about countries
and territories?
I always wondered this, and just accepted that TV 'needs' it, and
every time
I wanted to check why a templating system needs to have that
information at hand?

I assume it uses static_languages and if so, how?

Can you shine a light on this?

Ries