[TYPO3-dev] Performance of inline records in backend

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 15 23:24:33 CET 2009

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
> Good morning! ;o)
>
> In the backend I got about 500 inline records
> relates to a parent record.
>
> When opening the parent record, it takes ages
> for TYPO3 to load the inline records. (Time which
> passes by until the browser gets data sent.)
>
> The rendering of 500 inline records also gives
> Firefox 3 a big performance hit, freezing the
> browser for some seconds.
>
> Is it silly to use inline records if there are
> a lot of, or can it be considered as bug? Is it
> possible to configure some sort of 'pagination',
> like a page-browser or something for online records,
> which would load further pages of records on demand,
> not all at once?
>
> Thanks a lot! =o)

I guess this does not appear too often. I did not have 500 Inline Records yet, but
when I write a large blog post with t3blog (which lists content elements as
inline records) I have the same performance issues, AFAIK there is no possibility
to paginate the records, but it's a nice idea.

Let's wait what others say, i feel like writing a patch for that. :)