[TYPO3-dev] Ideas solving the bloated TER problem?

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Thu Nov 12 10:42:44 CET 2009

TER becomes more and more bloated with more or less redundant
extensions. Has there been any concensus on how to solve this problem?

My thoughts:

No good extension overview
TER doesn't provide a good oveview of what already exists.
If I don't find what I need, I create it. But maybe it already existed
in the TER - but I couldn't find it.
We really need categorization of extensions back.

Mangement of key extensions
When key extensions are managed by individuals, we have a greater risc
that development at some point stops.
TYPO3 companies should manage key extensions of TYPO3.

Key extensions supported by the Association
The Association should support a specific key extension of each category
(not necessarily with money) which supports the most common features of
that category. Then decisionmaker with the money knows which ones are
worth supporting.

Channelize money
It should be easier to donate money.

My two cents.