[TYPO3-dev] collaboration work & typoscript & svn

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:58:11 CET 2009

I played around with dynamic/automatic TS setup/constants
inclusion and created an extension which will iterate throu
a predefined directory recursivly, finding all 'setup.txt'
and 'constants.txt' files, and adding them via 'addStaticFile()'
to the 'static template' section in the backend.

The directory structure looks like this:

ext/EXTKEY/Configuration/TypoScript/:
Layouts
Pages
	Print
	XML
Setup
	Localization
	Adjustments
	Sitemap
	News
	Contact

Inside those directories I store the files 'setup.txt'
and 'constants.txt', which will then get included, and
displayed with this labels inside 'static templates':

	"EXTKEY: Layouts › Default"
	"EXTKEY: Layouts › Home"
	"EXTKEY: Pages › Default"
	etc.

It's also possible to include the text files
directly into 'Layouts' or 'Views', which will
create the following static template entries:

	"EXTKEY: Layouts"
	"EXTKEY: Views"

The stuff is kinda flexible this way, but I'm not sure
if I like this; I am used to template records inside
the backend - this solution seems a bit weird for me.

Especially I don't like my 'static templates' beeing
totally "burried" under all the other static templates,
it's kinda 'hard work' to find my static templates in the list.

Furthermore I'm thinking about a way to dynamically import
specific 'layout' static templates (if available), based on
the LAYOUT field of each page in the pagetree.

Looking into this any time later...

Greetings!