[TYPO3-dev] MS-SQL via DBAL Possible?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Nov 9 12:53:51 CET 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 5:41 AM, Mauro Lorenzutti wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>>> Or in detail:
>>> 1. does DBAL support MS-SQL
>>
>> It should but I tried a few months ago to set up a full website in
>> MSSQL and it did not work. As I'm quite busy with Oracle ATM, I did
>> not take time to fix issues there. I'm planning to have another
>> look at it soon (I hope).
>>
>> However, for single tables here and there, I guess it should work.
>> You have to test and report issue if you find any.
>
> I can confirm that ;-)
> A few months ago I tried to setup a TYPO3 based on MSSQL but without
> success, too many problems. I was able to setup TYPO3 with Oracle
> and PostgreSQL via DBAL.
>
> Abyway, if you want to connect some tables in a MSSQL instance via
> DBAL, it works fine

There are still some pitfalls though,
for example powermail might not comply to DBAL standards.
When you map just a couple of tables to let's say PostgreSQL,
then DBAL bails saying that the tables found couldn't be parsed and DBAL
doesn't know where to map the tables to.

As soon as time permits, I will check this out, together with some
patches
Xavier made and see if that's still teh case or not.

Ries

> Regards,

			regards, Ries van Twisk

tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk
Phone: +1-810-476-4196    Cell: +593 9901 7694                   SIP:
+1-747-690-5133