[TYPO3-dev] Over 2Million images rendering using GIFBUILDER (but not all at once...)

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Nov 9 12:48:01 CET 2009

Ries van Twisk schrieb:

> if there is enough interest from the core I am willing to help,
> but I am not going to create patches put them on bugtrack and
> pray that they will get accepted and in the end no core dev has time and I
> did spend my time on it for nothing.

I understand you completly. Even if you are a core dev you have the same
problem when submitting a patch: You need the +1 of another core member,
even when common useres tested the patch and verified it.

> I do have the time to create patches so the sub dirst get created
> properly for GB/ and pics/ directory with Bernhards idea to make
> the number of level configurable.

I would like to help you, get this into 4.4. But as I am a freelancer like
you I sometimes have more time, sometimes less. And reading the mailinglists
is something which absolutely depends on my available time ... even taking
care about patches, etc. only depends on my current projects.

So I can't assure you I'll help you for this taks. I think it would be the
best to wait till December and 4.3 is out. And if then both of us have some
time we could implement and commit the patch.

greets,
Bernhard