[TYPO3-announce] FLOW3 1.0.0 alpha 3 has been released (with a Getting Started tutorial!)

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Aug 18 19:28:29 CEST 2009

Dear TYPO3 community,

the FLOW3 Core Team is proud to announce the third alpha release of
FLOW3 and a brand new tutorial!

With a two weeks delay we are nonetheless delighted to release FLOW3
1.0.0 alpha 3 along with the first version of our Getting Started
Tutorial.
FLOW3 1.0.0 alpha 3 can be downloaded via http://flow3.typo3.org/download

What's New?

The main focus for alpha 3 was clearly the making of a tutorial.
FLOW3's feature set therefore pretty much followed what was necessary
to get a smooth first-timer's experience while walking through the
tutorial. With more than 200 new features, bugfixes and smaller
improvements this release is clearly a big leap towards a more stable
code base.

Next Release

FLOW3 1.0.0 alpha 4 is scheduled for the 8th of September 2009.
Besides our preparation for T3CON09, our main field of interest will
be speeding up FLOW3 and further stabilizing the existing features.

Your Feedback

Now that we have a tutorial we're especially interested in your
opinions! What's your experience with the tutorial and this release?
What went well, what didn't? What features are you missing? Join our
discussions in the mailing list, IRC channel and twitter ... Check out
flow3.typo3.org/get-involved/ for ways to get involved and get in touch.

Get into the FLOW!

Robert Lemke