[TYPO3-about] Working as a developer instead of making documentation

Christian Woebbeking woebchr at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 15:51:32 CET 2013

Hello,

at first: Thank you for your replies! After 1 week it seems to me that the
main points a figured out. Please correct me if I am wrong!

In short:
* Switching from OO to ReST is the first import step for a new work-flow
inside documentation but some technical barriers must be eliminated (e.g.
improved ReST-Editor).
* In opposition to code documentation cannot be tested instantly but within
a usability test which takes much time. I know that from past experience...
.
* Writing documentation for a community by a developer differs from his
normal routine.
* And as Steffen emphasised:  Writing code means solving problems. And this
is what customers wanted.

This theses lead me to some other questions:
- What would make your work easier regarding documentation (e.g. giving only
keywords to an author who writes the complete manual)?
- How to win new authors and how to introduce them: What kind information is
needed?
- What would be an ideal author (requirements, profile, etc.)?

Please always keep in mind that these authors should make your work more
comfortable!

Best regards
Christian.