[Neos] The future of Neos - Insights for integrators?

Philipp Wrann philippwrann at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:42:45 CEST 2015

I was wondering for a long time why it got so quiet about the Neos project.

Then i read this announcement:
http://typo3.org/news/article/typo3-project-focuses-on-typo3-cms-neos-to-start-its-own-community/

After reading the comments i finally got the feeling Neos is not what  we expected it to be. Before interpreting something the wrong way i would ask you to communicate some insights, what is the future of Neos? Or - Is there a future for Neos as a full-featured enterprise CMS, that can take over seamlessly CMS requirements?

Ever since version 1 was released i thought i will start when THAT feature (or THAT feature, and so on) is onboard. I never got the feeling Neos can fully cover my requirements (requirements i know CMS can handle, features i am used to work with).