[Neos] No Backend

Robotic-Brain neos at roboticbrain.de
Mon Mar 23 21:44:42 CET 2015

I ran into this problem too while updating from Neos 1.1 to 1.2

Something changed in the last update, which changed the syntax of
<YOUR_SITE_PACKAGE>/Resources/Private/Content/Sites.xml

however the kickstarted Sites.xml uses the old format...

you have to change all:

<accessRoles __type="array">[]</accessRoles>

to:

<accessRoles __type="array"/>

This should be fixed in the next update:
https://jira.typo3.org/browse/NEOS-1003

Cheers
Robotic-Brain