[Neos] Main Menu

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 08:14:04 CET 2015

Hey Jean!
Glad you are moving forward with Neos!
For me the learning algorithm with Neos is as follows:
1. Check the docs. E.g. regarding items and subItems: I would first read
this:
http://docs.typo3.org/neos/TYPO3NeosDocumentation/Appendixes/NeosTypoScriptReference.html#menu-item-properties
2. BUT, docs are not always absolutely complete or easy to understand. E.g.
docs tell you some details about Menu item properties like node,
originalNode etc, but tell you nothing about items and subItems. In this
case I look at the source code and see what is really going on there.
MenuImplementaion tells you how subItems work: $item['subItems'] =
$this->buildMenuLevelRecursive($currentNode->getChildNodes($this->getFilter()));
And AbstractMenuImplementation tells you about where `items` come from:
"public function getItems()".
3. If I can't grasp something, I head to Slack channel and get a reply
realy quick :)

Regards,
Dmitri