[Neos] [Neos 1.2] Installation problem: are virtual hosts necessary?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jan 7 14:16:50 CET 2015

Hi,

On 06/01/2015 19:00, Jim Heckler wrote:
> I figured out the answer to my second question regarding the hosts file
> on Windows. However I'd still like to know if there is a workaround for
> those who can't use virtual hosts due to their server's configuration.
> Thanks in advance for any insight!

Yes, there is a "hosts" file in Windows. It's located in
%WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc

(You can use <WinKey> + R to start the "Run" window and enter the path
above in it. This will open Windows Explorer in the directory on your
system.)

On new versions of Windows you either have to change the rights for the
file to edit it, or you rename the old file and create a new one.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!