[Neos] XML parse error when importing site package

Elmar Zoepf elmar.zoepf at rapidware.de
Fri Feb 27 12:06:21 CET 2015

When creating a new site, regardless wether using neos GUI or FLOW command line, I receive the following error:

Error: During the import of the "Sites.xml" from the package "Vendor.SiteName" an exception occurred: Error: During import an exception occurred: "Unexpected end element <accessRole> ".

Installation was done following the instructions from the Getting Started guide. I tried to create the site during setup (last step) or afterwards with "Administration - Sites Management - Add new Site" and also on command line with

/flow kickstart:site Vendor.SiteName Vendor.SiteName
/flow site:import --package-key Vendor.SiteName

The newly created site isn't accessible (frontend and backend).

Configuration:
CentOS 7 (Core) 64bit
Apache 2.4.6
PHP 5.4.16
MariaDB 5.5.41
Neos 1.2

All required PHP modules and functions installed and/or enabled
magic_quotes_gpc=off
memory_limit=256M

Any idea?