[Neos] [ANN] TYPO3 Flow 3.0.0beta1 released

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Feb 27 10:37:49 CET 2015

Good news, we just released the first beta of TYPO3 Flow 3.0.0!
This version comes with numerous fixes and improvements.

If you upgrade from an earlier version, make sure to carefully read the
upgrade instructions[1] that will be copied to the root of your
distribution upon installation.

Heads-up: Parts of the documentation still need to be adjusted and we're
working on a better readable summary of major features and changes
still. But please don't hesitate to test this first beta and report back
if you have any issues with it so that we can finalize the stable
release as soon as possible!

The full change log can be found on docs.typo3.org[2]

To install install the base distribution from scratch you can use the
following composer[3] command:

   composer create-project typo3/flow-base-distribution flow-3.0.0b1
3.0.0-beta1

Alternatively you can download one of the archives from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/typo3flow/files/TYPO3%20Flow/

BTW: The first beta of Neos 2.0 is still in the making and will
presumably be released in the next week!

[1]
https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.Flow.git/blob/refs/heads/3.0:/Resources/Private/Installer/Distribution/Essentials/Upgrading.rst
[2]
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/TYPO3FlowDocumentation/latest/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartV/ChangeLogs/300-beta1.html