[Neos] Neos 2.0 release date / page tree performance

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 10 18:09:31 CEST 2015

Hi Hrishi,

> On 10 Apr 2015, at 13:49, Hrishikesh Lele <hrishinetwork at lelesys.com> wrote:
>
> 1. When do you think Neos 2.0 will be available as Beta? We plan to upgrade some of our projects under development so that we already use updated Neos.

after the Neos sprint and Inspiring Conference many of us are pretty busy catching up with customer work, so the preparations for the beta release slowed down. We don't have many blockers left, but we need to find time to tackle them. Here's the current status:

	https://jira.typo3.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&selectedIssue=NEOS-1035&sprint=14&quickFilter=105

Theoretically we could release the beta somewhen next week, if everything goes well. But I'm not sure if it will ;-)

> 2. Neos page tree almost dies when you try to load 10000 news pages. Has anybody got workaround on this? We have developed Lelesys.News package and currently upgrading it when we have a lot of news articles. Currently one of our project has more than 10000 articles and I think page tree has performance issues.

you can restrict the automatic expansion of the tree and also configure node types to not appear in the tree at all (you still can search for them though in the Navigate component). That's a workaround most of us use. We have it on the list, but AFAIK it is not under development at the moment. There's always the possibility to sponsor that improvement of course, if it blocks your project, but yeah, you know that already.

Cheers,
Robert