[Neos] Workspace Stages

Daniel Davis dan at danizen.net
Wed Oct 22 19:38:42 CEST 2014

I like the Typo3 Workspaces, with one notable exception.

The key features I want to see are:
 - View objects in a "workspace" or a "stage" of a workspace.
 - Select and promote/reject objects as a group, rather than one by one.
 - Maintain versions of digital assets such as images/videos.
 - Allow comments on a promotion/rejection action to appear not only in an email, but also as a comment attached to the revision,
   viewable within the system (this is a problem for Typo3 CMS).

We aren't using Typo3 in production - we are doing evaluations as to what to use going forward.   My question informs whether I should do a brief demo of NEOS or switch to NEOS wholly at this point.     I'll stick with Typo3 CMS for our demo and evaluation, but I'll also show them NEOS in a demo since I have it installed on another virtual host of the same server.

Quote: Feodor Rykhtik wrote on Wed, 22 October 2014 06:16
> Hi,
>
> >> at this time, stages or specific workflows are not supported. But related features are on the candidate list for Neos 1.3.
> >> How would such a feature work for you, ideally?
>
> Recently we made a brainstorm in our company for the adjustments of
> TYPO3 CMS Workspaces, and we thought, what following model is quite
> interesting for TYPO3 Neos :
>
> * Usability : Sending to an another specific stage directly from the
> preview module (page view, single news view)
> * Simplicity of validation : All the page is sent to the next specific
> stage, with all content blocks
> * Control of versions : Possibility to view in preview module current
> and specific next stage, not obligatory live version
>
> BR,
> F.

Daniel Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems, National Library of Medicine, NIH