[Neos] Provide an AJAX version of the page

Silvan Mühlemann silvan at muehlemann.com
Wed Oct 15 22:24:03 CEST 2014

Having a lot of experience with Drupal and Zend Framework I am using Neos to build a new site. Now I am stuck at some place.

I am building a site which should serve the same content in two versions:
* For mobile devices I need a full html page with head, body, linked CSS etc.
* For Desktop devices the content should be loaded via AJAX (via jQuery.load()). This means I need a different page layout - no header, just the plain markup.

In other frameworks I woud call the page with an additional query parameter (e.g. /thepage.html?ajax=1) which would tell the framework to serve only the content and disable the layout.

How can I achieve this with Neos? - Basically I want to choose the layout using a query parameter.

Thanks a lot for your ideas
Silvan