[Neos] Neos routes change proposal

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu May 22 17:12:40 CEST 2014

Adrian Föder wrote:

Hi Adrian,

sorry for the late reaction (feel free to "bump up" threads if you think
they were overlooked ;)

> currently, basically all routes are brought, hence baked in, by the Neos
> package. The only thing which is set in the Distribution is... the
> reference to these Neos routes.
> [...]
> So I gisted a proposal for the change here, it's untested, but I think
> it should work that way:
>
> https://gist.github.com/afoeder/1035931407b3d4d1b3ad/revisions
>
> This (should) allow moving /neos to another URI part, like /cms for
> example, if people like that.

I find it a bit hard to comprehend the change on github but you
basically extracted the frontend routes to the distribution
configuration and moved the "neos" prefix there too, right?

In general I agree to this idea, but the solution has 2 drawbacks:

* We would break a lot of installations that don't use/update the base
distribution (we broke the neos site when we introduced the configurable
suffix and forgot to adjust the site distribution)

* The routing logic should reside in the TYPO3.Neos package and the
distribution configuration should be as simple as possible (otherwise
we'll have the first problem whenever we want to adjust the routing)

For the hard-coded "neos" suffix I'd suggest to put this in a variable
similar to the "defaultUriSuffix".

But was this the only problem you had with integrating Neos in your Flow
application or what exactly can you achieve with your suggested setup?

BTW: Subroutes can be nested so we could introduce a Routes.Backend.yaml
that includes the "neos/"-Subroutes. Would that work for you?

--
Bastian Waidelich