[Neos] Why no iframe in the "backend" editing mode?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri May 9 19:42:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 9-5-2014 16:44, Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> Stefan R. wrote:
>> thing that is actually not that well implemented in my opinion. It's the
>> fact that the "backend" editing mode is not using an iframe to display
>> the actual frontend page.
>
> I have made some bad experiences with restrictions of IFrames (even on
> the same origin) in the past.

Maybe talk to the guys from TYPO3 CMS about the problems with iframes in
the backend interface. Of course there are more iframes in CMS, but
nonetheless there are plenty of issues with cross frame scripting,
multiple loading of libraries, etcetera.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!