[Neos] Filefield in Custom Content Type

Andy Adiwidjaja adiwidjaja at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 09:52:52 CET 2014

Hello all,

I am new to Typo3 Neos and to this mailinglist. I'm not an active
typo3-developer but neos is really great, but has some open ends. My
current question, also unanswered on Stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22515418/typo3-neos-filefield-in-custom-content-type

I want to make a custom content type with the possibility to edit a
download file. In my NodeTypes.yaml I have:

'Vendor.Prefix:MyContentType':
  superTypes: ['TYPO3.Neos:Content']
  ui:
    label: My Content Type
    icon: 'icon-file-text'
    inspector:
      groups:
        'props':
          label: Properties
  properties:
    'title':
      type: string
      defaultValue: 'Example Title'
      ui:
        label: 'Title'
        inlineEditable: TRUE

Now - how do I create a file upload field? I only found working examples
for image fields:

'chapterImage':
  type: 'TYPO3\Media\Domain\Model\ImageVariant'
  ui:
    label: 'Chapter image'
    reloadIfChanged: TRUE
    inspector:
      group: 'document'

In the same folder, there are classes for file uploads, but this doesn't
work:

'grundriss':
  type: 'TYPO3\Media\Domain\Model\Document'
  ui:
    label: 'Grundriss'
    editor: 'TYPO3.Neos/Inspector/Editors/FileUpload'
    inspector:
      group: 'props'

Neither with nor without the 'editor' line. It leads to the javascript
error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'editor' of undefined
Uncaught Error: You cannot modify child views while in the inBuffer state

And to an empty property inspector.

Has anyone a tip for me?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Andy
--
Andy Adiwidjaja
Adiwidjaja Teamworks GmbH // Solutions Consulting
aa at adiwidjaja.com